You may already be aware of the numerous benefits an internal cleansing program can have on the body; however, did you know you can accomplish a complete body cleanse without fasting or taking numerous supplements?
A total body cleanse can be achieved by simply drinking one glass of lemon water immediately after waking.
With all of the name brand internal cleanses on the market today, you may be wondering why should you drink lemon water?
By adding the juice of one lemon to a glass of fresh water and drinking it first thing in the morning, you can jump start the digestive system and increase the rate at which your body purges toxins and impurities.
Numerous resources have varying opinions as to whether the lemon juice should be added to cold or hot water, although nutrition experts state warm or hot water brings about the best results.
Because you should drink this mixture first thing in the morning, the cold water can be a bit of a shock to the digestive system.
Warmer water is much more gentle. If you are a coffee drinker, you may even be able to replace your morning brew by adding the lemon juice to hot water.
The temperature of the water isn’t the only pertinent factor in achieving optimal results with this cleansing method; the freshness of the lemon juice is also a key element.
Prepackaged lemon juice concentrate can contain substances known as sulfites, which are known to trigger negative reactions in those who are sensitive to them.
Real lemons are not only sulfite free, they also contain high levels of natural vitamins, enzymes, and antioxidants that may be lost during processing.
To reap the maximum benefits of drinking lemon water, make sure to use only fresh (preferable organic) lemons.
The Fat Diminisher System is the complete game changer for men and women when it comes to losing weight – Find out more about this revolutionary product HERE
How to Make Lemon Water
Making a glass of lemon water is fairly simple. First, you need a glass (roughly 8 ounces) or fresh water. Slice a lemon in half, and squeeze the juice into the glass with your hands or a handheld juicer.
If using your hands, be careful to catch and remove any seeds that should fall into the glass. Give this mixture a quick stir, then drink it.
What are the benefits of drinking lemon water?
We have already mentioned above that drinking lemon water is a great way to cleanse and detoxify the digestive system, but there are several other benefits as well.
Below, we will discuss why lemon water is such a great internal cleanser, along with a few more reasons to give it a try.
1. Lemons are high in important vitamins and nutrients such as vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and folate. All of these are essential for optimal health.
2. Lemon water can help stimulate the digestive system to release important enzymes, therefore boosting the digestive process and reducing issues such bloating, heartburn and intestinal gas.
3. Vitamin C is found in many facial creams because of its ability to detoxify and cleanse the skin. Consuming lemon water is a great way to boost your vitamin C intake, therefore improving your skin from the inside out.
4. Lemons contain flavonoid compounds known as limonoid glucosides, which can help protect the body from many forms of cancer due to their anti-carcinogenic compounds.
5. For those suffering from bouts of constipation or diarrhea, lemon water can help produce more consistent and regularly formed eliminations.
6. The liver acts as a filter for the toxins that flow through the body. Lemons have powerful antiseptic properties, which helps to cleanse the liver and keep it functioning at optimal levels. These properties also make lemons useful for cleansing the blood and kidneys.
7. Although they contain high levels of citric acid, lemons contain several minerals which causes them to have an alkalizing effect on the body.
8. In order for the body to metabolize fats properly, the liver must produce a substance called ‘bile’. Lemons help stimulate the liver to produce more bile, allowing it to metabolize higher amounts of fats. Although this isn’t a replacement for exercise and healthy eating, it can help reduce the negative effects greasy foods have on the body.
9. Because of their antibacterial properties, lemons are useful in clearing up a throat infection. Sipping warm lemon water every few hours can ease the pain and discomfort of a sore throat; however, drinking lemon water every morning can help prevent throat infections in the long run.
10. Consuming dairy products such as milk and cheese and cause an increase in phlegm and mucus within the body. Lemon water helps to decrease mucus levels.
11. The antioxidants in lemons help to eliminate the toxins that cause bad breath and body odor. Drinking lemon water every morning for an extended period of time can help reduce body odor and improve your breath.
12. Although a nutritious, well-balanced diet and exercise is required for maintaining a healthy body weight, the citric acid found in lemons has been shown to aid in fat burning.
The Fat Burning Kitchen Guide – Your 24 Hour Diet Transformation to Make Your Body a Fat-Burning Machine. Find Out More HERE!
Why Should You Drink Lemon Water?
Hopefully by now, you have a clear understanding of just how beneficial lemon water can be to your health.
Lemons in their pure form are wonderful sources of vitamins and nutrients, and their juice should be the only thing you are adding to your water.
Sweeteners such as sugar or honey may make your lemon water taste more like lemonade, but they will significantly decrease the health benefits of plain lemon water.
Following your glass of lemon water with a glass of plain water will help to remove residual citric acid from your teeth, protecting them from enamel erosion.
Try drinking a glass of lemon water every morning for at least two weeks. You may be surprised at how your health and overall well-being has improved.