The versatile citrus fruit that offers awesome antibacterial and antiviral properties…but how effective is it in weight loss?
This article will be covering a few of the benefits of lemon water for weight loss, and other health concerns.
Interested in a 3 week Diet and Workout Plan that can change the way you look at food? Find out more HERE
Hot Lemon Water For Weight Loss
The antibacterial and antiviral properties in this popular citrus fruit make it a great natural booster for your immune system. It’s also a great choice when it comes to detoxifying your system, and (certain health experts believe that it) aids in cleaning the liver leading to better digestive health.
I’d always heard about the Vitamin C side of things – most of us have by now, but I was surprised to find out about all the health ‘extras’ this yellow bombshell offered…particularly in the weight loss world!
It is rumored to be an effective dieting agent because it increases the body’s metabolic rate (many celebrities go along with this angle!), but it also offers a few ‘less known’ health perks…
1) We touched on the Vitamin C angle above – most of us have sat through the lecture off our mum…through a hundred different cold viruses over the years! The Vitamin C in lemon juice is very effective at taking on and eliminating immune system deficiencies.
2) A simple glass of lemon juice with warm water before we tuck into our breakfast, helps in maintaining the pH balance of the body.
3) Lemon juice contains a high amount of antibacterial properties that take the battle to infections and act as a pretty ‘boss’ detoxifying agent.
4) There are numerous claims that lemon juice is great in aiding digestion, but recent research has watered down this claim somewhat. If you are interested in finding out more about lemon juice and digestion, I recommend checking out this interview with Ian Musgrave from The University of Adelaide – The Truth About Lemon Water On Digestion And Detoxification.
5) Lemons contain decent amounts of potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium…and are A LOT cheaper than purchasing the supplement formats of these health boosters!
6) Over the last couple of decades, many dermatology experts have come forward and suggested that lemon water can be used as a remedy for many kinds of skin problems. Top of the list is acne, rashes, wrinkles and dark skin spots.
7) Lemon as a citrus fruit, has a lot of natural anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, hot lemon water is excellent for battling respiratory tract infections, sore throat and inflammation of the tonsils.
8) Like gulping through your sports drink when you are in a workout session? Expensive aren’t they? Lemon juice and water is a great ‘cheap’ alternative to these sports drinks, as it keeps the body hydrated as it provides electrolytes.
9) Did you know that this lemon juice and water concoction can aid your dental health as well? Seriously, many people swear by it as a painkiller for toothache, and it’s also known to prevent gingivitis.
The Benefits of Lemon Water For Weight Loss
At the end of the day – we all know that coffee isn’t exactly great for you…especially three cups in succession…just to get going every morning!
Do you think that you could switch the black tar for lemon juice and hot water?
You now know the benefits – give it a try! 🙂
If you have any thoughts or opinions on the subject we have covered here, please leave them in the comment section below.