Product: Schwinn 230 Recumbent Exercise Bike
Subject: Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike Review
Product Dimensions: 66.5 x 27 x 12.5 inches
Cheapest Place to Buy: Amazon.com ( Click Here! )
Our Rating: 9 out of 10
As a leader in innovation, a highly known brand whose name is known by most if not all who bike, Schwinn has taken on new ideas for their exercise bikes.
The Schwinn 230 Recumbent exercise bike model offers fun extras for those who love an excellent in-home workout. Just as one of Schwinn’s 2013 product lines focuses on cardio performance, of their recumbent bikes, the 230 model offers great innovations for this specific type of exercise machine.
Here are some highlights from a collection of Schwinn 230 recumbent bike reviews which have pointed out the following items as having a BIG thumbs up!
I pulled the top favorite items into a list: Duel-track LCD display screens, the capability to sync up to the My Fitness Pal app, download and upload programs/ specks/ personal choices using USB, which can also charge iPhone’s and iPad’s.
Sleek new designs provide for quiet running modes, speakers in the console (finally!!), and a dedicated rack just for media attached to the console…
The Good & The Bad
- First things first, when getting anything shipped to your place of residence, how the package arrives is always my personal biggest fear. If you have the same fear, rest assured Schwinn and Amazon have done an excellent job of packaging and shipping this exercise bike.
- Another major relief is that it is easy to put together, it will be time consuming, however, with a well thought out, easy to understand instruction manual there have been no complaints regarding this.
- One of the key components of this specific model is that it is quiet when in use, where on the other hand with most exercise bikes there is a hum/ squeaking/ or creaking when in use, this does not have those annoying sounds.
- Having wheels on the bike frame, allows easier transportation, and even just one person can pick up and roll the bike to the exact location desired for the workout.
- Praises are sung high and long about this bike; everyone loves all the different options available in the programming such as speed control, resistance handling, and the optimal programming of specific workouts. Over all, what I have noticed is that most people are in fact very happy with their purchase of the Schwinn 230. They are pleased with the quality of the item, enjoy the challenges the programs offer, and the multiple user profile data options, and lastly the ease of setup.
- For a Recumbent bike however, the major flaws found with this model are mostly with how people fit on the bike. The slotted seats which are plastic have average body dimensions meaning that there are going to be people who will not fit. Part of this issue is that the dimensions of the bike do not necessarily allow the buyer to know and measure accordingly.
- The plastic is of a very hard thick plastic meaning that there is no comfort. Top suggestions are of using folded towels or small thin pillows to help provide some comfort. That lack of comfort from the hard plastic can be very painful after rides that are more than 1 hour long.
Who is This Product For?
A recumbent bike is great for anyone really, but there are some special features that Schwinn offers to help people who need extra back support for their lower back, and despite the complaints of an uncomfortable seat, those complaints haven’t taken away from the lumbar actually being supported effectively.
Additionally, Schwinn has been able to keep their bike effective for active, hardworking bikers who want to bike for hours using a variety of resistant levels from 1-20. Or for bikers who want to vary their workout each time they jump on the bike by using one of the 22 programs or one of the 9 digital profiles available.
With all the options available on the market, everyone agrees that for the price, Schwinn 230 recumbent bike is an amazing option available for in-home exercising, relaxing positions, challenging workouts, exciting new options, and an overall fun way to be sleek and slim.
We hope you enjoyed our Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike review and if you have any questions about the product or want to leave your own personal review, please leave a comment in the section below.