Product: Nutri Ninja Pro (BL450)
Subject: Nutri Ninja Pro Review
Product Dimensions: 12.9 x 7.9 x 14.8 inches
Price: $79.00 ( Retail )
Cheapest Place to Buy: Amazon.com
Our Rating: 9 out of 10
Smoothies are widely considered to be among the best options for the consumption of key vitamins and nutrients. Whether you choose to drink smoothies for their great taste, incredible convenience, or the fact that you can customize your smoothie with virtually any ingredient that you can think of, the benefits remain the same.
Of course, if you wish to make such a smoothie, you need a great blender to do so. Kitchen equipment manufacturer Ninja has created a marvelous blender, called the Nutri Ninja Pro (BL450 model), that delivers a quick, simple smoothie while keeping all of the key nutrients and vitamins. Here is our Nutri Ninja Pro Blender review.
Nutri Ninja Pro Basic Features
We all know how a blender operates, but the key to a quicker and more effective blend comes from a combination of power and speed. The Ninja Pro features a 900-watt motor, which is incredibly powerful for a blender, leading to a quicker and more thorough blend.
In fact, one of the unique bragging rights of this blender is that it can blend through frozen ingredients and whole fruits, so you save plenty of time without having to let frozen items thaw or chop up whole tomatoes or apples.
Additionally, the shape and rotation of the blender blades impacts the overall quality of the blend. Thicker blades obviously don’t chop the foods up as well as thinner blades, leading to a more chunky smoothie. The Ninja Pro prides itself on having thinner, sharper cutting blades alongside Pulse Technology (which isn’t as impressive as it may sound, but is still a nice addition), leading to a “silky-smooth consistency”; in other words, a thinner, more juice-like blend.
Now that we’ve covered the basics of the Nutri Ninja Pro, let’s delve into the additional features of the blender itself, as well as the extraneous attachments that the model listed on Amazon offers.
Nutrient and Vitamin Extraction
As we mentioned in the introduction to this blender review, one of the most vital features of a great blender is its ability to keep the key vitamins and nutrients within the blend. The Ninja Pro prides itself as having very powerful nutrient and vitamin extraction abilities, largely due to the blade structure of the blender, as well as the manner in which the blades spin.
This allows the natural benefits of vitamins and nutrients to be unlocked, which in turn leads to a healthier, tastier smoothie.
We’ve covered the Ninja Pro’s powerful 900-watt motor and ergonomic blade structure, but the Nutri Ninja Pro package comes with several nice additional attachments. For today’s hectic, on-the-go lifestyle, the package includes 12 ounce, 18 ounce and 24 ounce to-go cups, which include sip-and-seal lids that prevent frustrating spills.
The package also includes a guide containing 30 recipes and a wellness guide, but we’ll discuss that later in the review.
What Do Current Owners Think?
As usual, Amazon is a great place to check out bulk reviews on a given product, and this is no exception. The current reviews for the Nutri Ninja Pro BL450 Model exceed 1,500 total, and it currently holds a 4.6 star rating out of 5 stars.
Even more impressive is that 74 percent of the reviews gave the blender a 5-star rating, and 14 percent gave it a 4-star rating. Only 4 percent of reviewers gave it a 1-star rating.
Given that so many people have reviewed the Ninja Pro, this is incredible, and defeats the murkiness and margin for error that products with fewer reviews have. Here are the pros and cons of the blender, derived from the reviews.
It should be noted that the negative features are largely at random, meaning that some of the “issues” that these people had with the Ninja Pro are either pedantic, esoteric to them or their poor usage of the blender, or a combination therein.
The Good & The Bad
- Smooth consistency on the smoothies, exactly as advertised by Ninja. It makes a major difference in the quality of the smoothie, perhaps more than you would expect. It should also be noted that this was derived from the top review, which had over 1,000 “helpful up-votes” from fellow consumers.
- The powerful motor comes through, as most smoothies are fully blended within 10 seconds, including some with frozen ingredients.
- Motor is not proportionally loud; one would expect a 900-watt motor to have an obnoxious whine, but it is in fact surprisingly quiet. However, a small handful of reviewers disagreed, so if you have overly sensitive hearing, you might want to be extra careful.
- Relatively easy to clean. This is a MAJOR advantage to the Ninja Pro, since most blenders take awhile to clean.
- Cups are convenient, easy to store, and are overall effective.
- The cup lids cover well, but perhaps aren’t as “air-tight as advertised”. However, unless you flip the entire cup over for some asinine reason, this shouldn’t be an issue.
- Cups don’t feel too sturdy, although it should be noted that no one appears to have an issue with flimsy material leading to cracks in the cup.
- Cleaning the rims of the cups aren’t as simple as cleaning the blender itself for whatever reason, although this appears to be relative; people have higher expectations for the simplicity of the cups being cleaned due to the simplicity of the blender itself being cleaned.
Nutri Ninja Pro Smoothie Recipes
There are several Nutri Ninja Pro smoothie recipes available, including the 30 that come in the book alongside the blender set. Of course, the beauty of smoothies is how easily customizable and accessible they are; you can include your own ingredients, and if you need recipes, the power of the Internet is right at your fingertips.
However, there was one for a healthy “Green Smoothie” that stuck out to me. To create this smoothie, you need:
- 1 cup of either water, green tea, or fruit juice (your choice!)
- 1 cup of green vegetables (spinach and kale are highly recommended)
- 1.5 cups frozen yogurt
- 4-5 ice cubes
- You can also add in ginger or cinnamon for taste
Obviously this may not appeal to everyone, but it’s certainly worth a try! Again, your options are virtually limitless!
Worth The Purchase?
Overall, the Nutri Ninja Pro BL450 Model Blender offers an unrivaled yet affordable blender package. Quite frankly, if you are in the market for a blender, this is a no-brainer. The power of the blender, combined with the smooth smoothie quality and additional cups for on-the-go transportation only add to the excellence of this design by Ninja. Get yours as soon as you can!
We hope you enjoyed our Nutri Ninja Pro blender review and if you have any questions about the product or want to leave your own personal review, please leave a comment in the section below.