Cooking healthy meals is essential in this day and age of unhealthy dietary habits. We want to eat more fruits and veggies, but slicing those can be a tough and bothersome task, not to mention that it can also be dangerous to people who may have problems using knifes.
Spiral slicers or spiralizers are kitchen tools designed to easily turn vegetables and fruits into strings and ribbons.
They are used by home cooks and professional chefs alike, and are especially perfect for vegans, vegetarians and people looking to prepare healthy food quickly and conveniently.
One of the easiest ways to prepare healthy as well as visually pleasing meals is to use the Brieftons Vertico Spiralizer.
This vegetable spiralizer review will outline the pros and cons of this product, as well as examine who will benefit from it the most.
With the Vertico, you can easily create rich salads, nicely cut chips, healthy pizza toppings, great looking garnishes, and so much more, as well as raw pastas and curly fries.
With four different blade modes using ultra-sharp, stainless Japanese 420-grade hardened stainless steel blades, you can be as creative as you want to be and make a wide variety of beautifully crafted dishes.
The Vertico is made from top grade, lightweight, and extremely durable 100% BPA-free plastic, and its excellent design ensures that very little product is wasted.
The Good & The Bad
- Completely slices firm veggies and fruits, from apples, beetroots and carrots to onions, turnips and zucchinis.
- Simple to assemble, with just four parts, making storage easy.
- The Vertico’s design and strong suction cups makes it easy and safe to operate.
- High degree of versatility with four blade modes (Spaghetti Pasta, Papardelle Pasta, Fettuccine Pasta and Ribbon Cut) and seven veggie patterns, enabling you to use different types of cuts and create many beautiful dishes.
- In a number of vegetable spiralizer reviews, people complain about wastage of fruits and veggies. The Vertico has minimum wastage, since the it slices the entire vegetable.
- Cleaning the blades is easy, using the cleaning brush that comes with the product.
- Changing blade modes is very simple, by just turning the knob, and the blades do not need to be separately stored, something that is a common negative point in other vegetable spiralizer reviews.
- An excellent gift for parents, people on special diets, and people wanting to live a healthier lifestyle in general.
- High value: Aside from the Brieftons Vertico Spiralizer, the product comes with a cleaning brush, a color manual, an online quick-start guide, complete with demo videos, and several recipe eBooks.
- This assembled device may be a little on the large side, possibly making it difficult to store in smaller kitchens.
- The blades, while razor-sharp, may bend easily.
- The ribbons might be a little too thin to some people’s liking.
- While Vertico is made with high quality plastic, many people would prefer a stainless steel device.
Who is This Product For?
The Brieftons Vertico Spiralizer makes the perfect gift for vegans and vegetarians, who consume a lot of fruits and veggies.
A vegetable spiralizer is a must-have for them, as it will make cooking their meals a lot more convenient.
But not just vegans and vegetarians – anyone on a special diet, whether its raw food, low carb, Paleo, gluten/wheat-free, will benefit from having a spiralizer.
It makes short work of what is otherwise considered to be a bothersome task, and is fast becoming an essential kitchen tool, especially for vegans and raw foodies, whose recipe books frequently recommend the use of a spiralizer.
People who don’t regularly like to cook may suddenly become more interested as they can experience the convenience of having a spiralizer do most of the hard work for them.
Impress your friends with professional looking garnishes, salads, pastas and toppings.
And last but certainly not least, let’s not forget about the children. Parents want to provide their children with a healthy upbringing, as getting kids to eat their veggies is not always easy.
Using the Vertico, you can create fun and tasty looking dishes that your children will absolutely love, and you can even have them participate in the cooking.
Our Final Take on The Spiralizer
To end this Brieftons Vertico Spiralizer review, we can safely conclude that the Vertico is a highly versatile, lightweight and high quality spiral slicer, that is easy to assemble and clean.
Because of its design, it is simple to operate and very safe in use, meaning your kids can use it as well (under supervision, to be sure).
And with four different blade modes, you can let your imagination run wild and make your dishes not only look great, but taste great.
Hopefully, this vegetable spiralizer review has made you excited about the convenience of having a spiralizer in general, and the benefits of the Brieftons Vertico in particular.